All materials on this web site are copyright protected by the Richmond Public Library, including but not limited to all design, HTML code, text, and images, unless otherwise expressly stated. All rights reserved.
As a resource for our users, Richmond Public Library maintains a variety of pages that list links to other Web sites. These lists include topics such as Art, Computer, Education, Employment, Government and other areas of general interest to library patrons and staff. These lists are intended to be representative but not an exhaustive catalog of the Internet. They are intended to be useful but we do not guarantee authority.
We attempt to feature links to sites which in our judgment will have interest and/or value for those who visit the Richmond Public Library Web Site and use our lists. Recognizing that some valuable services are available exclusively from commercial sites (e.g., Web search tools, database vendor information, etc.), links to selected commercial sites are included to provide access to useful, free, informational resources. However, under no circumstances do we endorse commercial services or link to a site that is primarily fee-based. Links are selected based on: (a) the quality of the information found at the site; (b) the relevance of this information to the Richmond Public Library Mission; and (c) the organization sponsoring the site.
All links being considered for addition to or removal from existing and new Richmond Public Library pages should be proposed to the Richmond Public Library Automation Department for consideration. Links may be nominated by anyone and should include a brief statement describing the value and content of the link. Similarly, any Richmond Public Library staff member may propose removal of an existing link. All additions and removals are subject to comment and discussion among the Automation and Administrative Departments. Decisions are reached by team consensus.
The Richmond Public Library encourages other sites to link to its pages, provided that any such link does not connote an endorsement by or affiliation with the Richmond Public Library. The link caption and its context must accurately represent the content and source (Richmond Public Library) of the linked page(s).
Due to the dynamic nature of the Richmond Public Library's web site and the possibility of updates and changes to its pages, it may be best to link to the Richmond Public Library site at the home page (http://www.richmondpubliclibrary.org).
1. Please do not present Richmond Public Library pages or content as your own, incorporate any content from this site into your site (e.g., by in-lining or framing or in any other manner) or alter the appearance of the Richmond Public Library pages.
2. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us that you are linking to these pages. Also include the URL of your page that contains the link. Richmond Public Library reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link(s) at any time at its sole discretion.
3. If you want to republish in electronic or other form the major part of any textual content on Richmond Public Library pages, please contact: email@example.com to request a written release first. A link to the Richmond Public Library web site must be placed with any hypertext republication of major textual content from the Richmond Public Library page(s).
4. In accord with existing copyright laws, excerpts from any textual content on Richmond Public Library pages may be quoted freely, providing that full and proper attribution is given, including the Richmond Public Library URL, which is: http://www.richmondpubliclibrary.org
5. If you wish to reproduce or use an image from the Richmond Public Library's web site for publication in electronic or any other form, you must obtain written permission from the Richmond Public Library in advance; a reproduction fee may be charged. Some of the images contained in this site are privately owned and licensed for Richmond Public Library use only. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org